ESU camp will provide expert teaching in the fundamental skills in the game of field hockey. Athlete to coach ratio is 12 to 1. Each camper will be grouped according to ability for the morning skill sessions. During the afternoon and evening sessions campers will be with their school teams. The ESU camp is for the serious field hockey players. This camp is for teams, individuals
- A room key deposit of $50.00 (for overnight campers) in the form of a check, made payable to “ESU Field Hockey” is required at registration and will be returned to the camper at check-out when key is returned. Cash will not be accepted
- There will be a camp store where campers can purchase t-shirts, shorts, sticks, mouth guards, shin guards, etc.
- Commuters are provided with lunch and dinner and need to attend all three sessions daily. Plan on being at ESU on Sunday from 1 to 8:45pm. On Monday through Tuesday camp runs from 8:45am until 8:45 pm and on Wednesday from 9-4:30pm. Camp sessions start Sunday at 2:00 pm and ends Wednesday at 4:30 pm. A meal card deposit of $10.00 (for day campers only) is required at registration and will be returned Wednesday when the card is returned.
- FOUR days of learning and fun at camp
- One coach for every 10-12 campers
- Field Hockey teaching videos
- USFHA sanctioned camp
- Play on 2 state-of-the-art turf fields
- Specialty goalkeeping school
- Free camp T-shirt, ball, and snacks nightly
- Individual/Team awards
- Top notch coaching staff which includes high school, college coaches, and college players
- Access to weight room and pool
- All-you-can-eat meals at campus dining hall
- Brand new air-conditioned dorms with 2 or more to a suite and private bathroom facilities
- 7th-12th graders accepted
- 24-hour on-campus police coverage
- Camp store with discounted field hockey clothes and equipment
- Check-In: From 11:30-1:30 p.m.
- Check-Out: From 4:30 p.m.- 5:30 p.m
Sandy Miller - ESU Head Coach
- Head Coach at ESU 32 years
- 2015 PSAC Champs and NCAA DII Champs
- Seven ECAC Tournament Appearances
- Seven NCAA Tournament Appearances
- Team finished 2nd in nation in 2000
- All-PSAC & All-American player at Lock Haven University
- 2009, 2010 & 2015 team qualified for NCAA Tournament
- Qualified for NCAA Tournament in 1987, 1988, 1990, 2001, 2009, 2010
- ESU team has 25 years in a row of winning records
- Coach of the Year 1996 and 2001
- Level II USFHA Certified Coach
Katie Ord – ESU Assistant Coach
- All-American player at ESU. Level II USFHA
- Certified Coach, Future’s Coach
Robert Wouters – International Player/Coach from Holland
- Level II USFHA, ESU Assistant Coach,
- Owner and Coach of Warrior Field Hockey Club
Shannon McCracken – All-American player at ESU
- Head Coach at North Penn High School
Maureen Ordnung – Goalie coach at ESU
- Assistant Coach at Ithaca College
Cara McCormick – Former HS Indoor
- National Team All-American player at ESU
- Head coach East Stroudsburg H.S.
Nikki Trunzo – All-American player at ESU
- Head coach in Maryland
Rachel Miller – All-American player at ESU
- Coaches at Collegiate School in Virginia
Karleigh Bowen – All-American Player at ESU
Caitlin Brownley – Level 1 Certified Coach
- Former ESU Coach and Asst. Coach at Shippensburg Univeristy
Amber Boyer – Former player at UNC
- Personal trainer, Former Asst. Coach at Kutzto
7:00 a.m. Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Fundamentals & competitions
11:30 a.m. Lunch
12:45 p.m. Free time
2:00 p.m. Small games & strategies with team
4:45 p.m. Dinner
6:20 p.m. Staff games
6:45 p.m. Evening tournament games
8:45 p.m. - Games under the lights
10:30 p.m. Room check
WHAT TO BRING TO CAMP
- Field Hockey Stick
- Shin Guards
- Mouth Guard
- Goalkeeper Equipment if GK
- Toiletries (including hand soap)
- Bug Spray
- Wash Cloth and Towels
- Practice Clothes
- Water Bottle
- Shoes for inside and outside use
- Suntan Lotion
- Rain Gear
- housing is in the new air conditioned dorms with suite style rooms
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Pillow & Sheets will be provided
- Expensive Jewelry
Campers dine in Dansbury Commons, the university student dining room. Nutritious allyou-can-eat meals are served, with salad and dessert bars.
ESU does not provide individuals with medical insurance. Each camper must provide their own medical insurance plan. ESU is not responsible for paying medical deductibles or hospital costs for any camper.
REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY
For each week of camp and for each camper a non-refundable, non-transferable $100.00 processing/holding fee is required. All online registrations fees are non-refundable.
All refund requests must be in writing (email is accepted) and submitted to the East Stroudsburg University Office of Conference Services.
- Refund requests made 10 weeks prior to the start of a camp will be refunded minus a $15 processing fee.
- Refund requests after that time are subject to the $100 non-refundable deposit.
- Requests must be made no later than two weeks after the camp ends.
- Any requests made after this date will not be disregarded (mitigating circumstances will be considered).
- Campers who leave during the week due to injury or illness will receive a pro-rated refund based on the number of days that services were rendered (minus the $100 deposit).
- Camp participants who must cancel their registrations due to injuries (inside 10 weeks of camp) must supply an appropriate medical note from a doctor or hospital indicating reason for cancellation.
- No refunds will be given to campers who are sent home for disciplinary reasons.
Please note that refunds will not be issued without written confirmation from parent or guardian, stating that the camper’s parent/guardian is aware of ESU Warrior Camps refund policy and they understand that the processing/holding fee amount and all online registration fees are non-refundable.
The refund request may be emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org) or faxed (570-422-3918) note in the subject line “Camp Cancellation” and make sure to include camper name, camp name, camp dates and payment method (online, check, or money order).
In the event that a Warrior Sports Camp is cancelled due to low enrollment a full refund will be issued.
Please allow six to eight weeks for processing of any refunds.